My intentions are to have some in-depth conversations about paragliding. I believe that we have an incredible opportunity to learn from each other, even if it is something very small.
America has only scratched the surface of paragliding in my opinion. A statistic that I heard was that in America, there are only 5,000 registered pilots. In Europe, there are over 100,000 pilots registered.
The ultimate goal is to have a place that people can come to once a week and talk about paragliding. Each week we will have a topic, and if we can, someone who is a "excellent pilot" on the show. I will be reaching out to some of the best pilots I know for this. I will be sending them a list of questions ahead of time so that they are prepared, if they request the questions.
Everything that we are talking about on this channel involving flight is going to require our most professional attitude. This means that we will need to have some standards if we are going to make this a success.
In no real order here are the standards that will be enforced on this channel:
1. At no point will we encourage anyone to try things that could jeopardize safety.
2. We will not troll people in the comments.
3. We will not try to sell people on a certain brand or type. We can share what we like, but no sales/spam.
4. There will be no cussing. (Cussing on live stream will terminate your involvement with the group/discussion.)
5. We will enforce a 3 strike rule on the foul language. (after 3 strikes, probation and then a hearing)
6. We will not argue
7. We will not talk about American Politics
8. At no point in the show will we talk down on another pilot no matter how much we might know about the sport.
9. We will also stay away from sexual innuendos. (3 strike rule)
10. Keep it professional. (There is a chance that this could turn into a revenue for you. You are professional when you get paid, lets treat it like that.)
When are we planning on starting the live streams? Thursday Nights 6:00PM Pacific Time. As long as there is someone to interview, and something to talk about, we will have a show. We obviously can't have everyone on at the same time, so we will moderate 4-5 pilots per show on at the same time.
A few things that we need to keep in mind: In the beginning, we will only have a handful of people watching live. That is fine. What we do need to remember is that the things that we talk about on the stream are going to be on the internet forever. After the initial live stream test was done over 100 views posted in less than 24 hours. Episode #2 had over 250 view in less that 12hours.
What will you need to stream? The obvious things that you are going to need is a webcam, good lighting, good wifi, a mic, headphones, and computer. (Note: If you have been invited to moderate, and you can't get on, try reseting your computer. We had a couple problems with people logging in on the second show.
The other thing that you will need is zoom.us
Special direction for moderators on the live stream: There will be times when trolls will pop up in the chat. It will be each of our duty to monitor the chat for non-sense. If you have been selected to moderate, (you are on the live stream) you will have the authority to mute, or block as needed. You will also be able to delete comments that are derogatory or offensive.
Advertising: It will be up to each of us to promote the show by word of mouth and social media. So feel free to post the show ahead of time on your Facebook, IG, SC, and whatever social media platform you are using. You will see a invite button on the youtube channel when the show is scheduled. You can just cut and paste that link for people to join. We will try it during the first show.
How can I become a moderator an be in the live stream?
Send me an email. Let me know a little bit about yourself and we will go from there.
PO BOX 710512
Santee, CA 92072
PO BOX 710512
Santee, CA 92072
After I get your info, I will add it to the email blast about the upcoming Paragliding Talk Live Stream Shows.